Digital & Social Media Specialist
Responsible for managing all internal and external digital and social media communications for the Sioux Falls Development Foundation (Foundation). This person works collaboratively with the Foundation staff to promote the organization to its members, the local business community, business prospects, the public and the media. Foundation communications may be in the form of electronic or printed media and should ensure effective, timely, and comprehensive communication of information on the Foundation’s objectives, membership, and activities.
Controls Over the Position:
The position is directly accountable to the President with responsibilities to the Vice Presidents as directed. This is a full-time position and is exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act. Remote work possibilities could accompany proven success and regular evaluation.
The Sioux Falls Development Foundation leads the Sioux Falls region in creating quality economic growth through:
- Effective marketing and promotion of regional assets and amenities.
- Development of tools and resources to expand employment opportunities, tax base and workforce availability of the region.
- Design and maintenance of an overall image and brand for the region.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Works closely with the Vice President of Economic Development to develop marketing information and marketing materials related to business attraction & retention. Tasks include assembling materials for RFP’s and prospect visits.
- Works closely with the Vice President of Talent & Workforce Development to develop marketing information and marketing materials related to talent & workforce including the WIN in Workforce Initiatives.
- Implements and manages all digital and social media marketing plans to support Foundation programs and communications to our stakeholders.
- Review marketing plans for effectiveness and adjusts as needed.
- Develops and maintains graphic standards for the Foundation.
- Oversees the development, maintenance, and enhancement of the Foundation’s overall branding. Develops and maintains graphic standards for the Foundation.
- Reviews and recommends ways to improve and enhance internal and external digital & social media strategy.
- Creates, develops and manages marketing materials, newsletters, website, social media strategy, Annual Reports (in conjunction with Director of Research, Membership & Communications), and other materials as needed.
- Oversees the design, printing and distribution for all Foundation publications including Directions newsletter, annual report and others as assigned.
- Creates all graphics for digital marketing, social media, presentations, requests for proposals, printed publications and marketing materials.
- Coordinates the image management for photos and other graphics.
- Collaborates with staff to develop and maintain all content for siouxfallsdevelopment.com, siouxfalls.com and other social media.
- Serves as the liaison between the Foundation and web development and other communications vendors.
- Coordinates the integration of technology into the Foundation’s communications in order to build the electronic capacity of the Foundation.
- Other Duties & Responsibilities as Assigned
- While assigned to specific responsibilities, assists other members of staff whenever the need arises.
- Proven strong knowledge and experience in digital and social media marketing.
- Proven strong knowledge and experience in graphic design for both digital and social media as well as printed publications.
- Experience with video editing and production for digital and social media.
Other Qualifications For This Position:
- Bachelor’s or Associates degree and/or certification in digital communications, journalism, marketing, public relations, graphic design 3 years of relevant experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, excellent organizational skills, strong computer and graphic design skills.
- Self-motivated and must possess strong interpersonal skills, analytical and financial management abilities, management skills, the ability to motivate volunteers and work well in a team environment.
- Ability to manage and meet deadlines.
- Competitive salary depending on experience.
- Very competitive benefits package.